- You agree that the CRA is not responsible for any losses or damages incurred by anyone because of:
- any reliance upon the information available on My Account, as it is not official CRA documentation
- any transfer of information to the CRA
- the non-acceptance of information provided through My Account
- any restriction, delay, malfunction, or unavailability of the My Account service.
The first two points blow my mind. My Account isn't official documentation? So CRA thinks we should live in the age of the typewriter forever? And not being responsible for transfer of information makes it sound like this isn't actually a valid way to submit documentation or changes of address.
Seriously guys, I'm glad you still support paper forms for the sake of our grandmothers, but get real, your website should be the official method of doing business with you. I hear it's almost 2013...
Oh, and they've federated their login with 3 of the big 5 banks. Guess how much responsibility for financial losses CRA is willing to take when that system inevitably turns out to have been coded by monkeys and tons of people's private data gets stolen? That's right, none!
Let the good times roll!